Show 31 – Simplicity Parenting with Kim John Payne
Posted by Wendy on May 29, 2010
Air date: Sunday, May 30, 2010: 8 to 9 Am Eastern || CFRU 93.3 FM in Guelph, Ontario, Canada
For nearly 30 years, Kim John Payne has been a consultant, researcher, and educator for children and adults to more than 110 US Independent and Public Schools, and around the world. He has been helping children, adolescents, and families explore issues such as social difficulties with siblings and classmates, attention and behavioural issues at home and school, and a range of emotional issues such as defiance, aggression, addiction, and self-esteem. He’s a regular key-note speaker at International Conferences on Education for parents and therapists.
Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids: http://www.simplicityparenting.com/.
Kim John Payne writes:
Imagine your home…
- as a place where time more a little slower
- becoming less cluttered and more visually relaxing
- with space, and time, for childhood-and with time for one another every day
- as a place where play and exploration are allowed, and honoured
- having more ease as you begin to limit distractions and to say no to the stress of too much, too fast, too soon.
- as a sense of calm and security take hold
- becoming a place where those we love know it, by virtue of our attention, protection, and appreciation
“The most elemental and powerful reason to simplify is this: As your awareness of your children widens and deepens, so too will your love.” Kim John Payne